The LightScalpel CO2 Laser utilized in our practice is a device that produces a concentrated beam of light. The highly focused CO2 Laser beam vaporizes cleanly and precisely. Years of experience in medicine and oral surgery wet into the design of this laser system, which was made to provide superior care for patients.
CO2 Laser is so precise it can selectively remove only the specific cells targeted. At the same time, it is powerful enough to de-bulk large tumors, all while being just as safe as other instruments.
Here is a list of advantages when using the LightScalpel CO2 Laser for procedures:
- Minimized Bleeding: As it vaporizes the tissue, the LightScalpel CO2 Laser seals small blood vessels. The resulting reduction in bleeding makes procedures quick and easy. In many cases, no sutures are required.
- Less Swelling and Discomfort: The LightScalpel CO2 Laser beam seals lymphatics, resulting in less post-operative swelling and discomfort associated with traditional scalpel procedures.
- Reduced Risk of Infection: The sanitizing effect of the Laser reduces the risk of infection and means faster healing.
- Shortened Procedure Time: Less bleeding results in the improved visibility of the treatment area. The dentist and the team don't have to spend as much time trying to control the bleeding, and as a result the duration of the procedure is reduced.
- Faster Recovery: Reduced trauma, minimized bleeding, less pain and swelling, and shorter periods of anesthesia mean, in most cases, you can go back to work or school the same day.
- Advanced Laser Tools mean better results: The lightweight ergonomic handpieces and flexible fiber waveguide of the LightScalpel CO2 Laser allow for enhanced precision with pin-point accuracy. In addition, LightScalpel accessories facilitate procedures in difficult to reach places.